How do you know the real you? How do you know you've found yourself and not just another mask that seems to fit well-enough? There's lots of things I've tried in my life that I enjoyed, that I was good at, that I embraced... but not all those things are me.
Maybe that's what wisdom is? To know the different between something you like and something you are?
So how do I take that wisdom and show it off in the face of a judgmental society? And don't tell me, "just don't care what people think, be you." I do care what people think; the people I interact with and surround myself with make up my existence and their ideas and perception matter.
But on the flip side of the coin, there's shame - or the complete lack of it. There's a ton of people in popular culture today who do, say, or wear anything to find their place in society and only sometimes do we think those people are "bad" or "losers" - a lot of the time they're quite successful and loved. Who are we to say that's not a distinct form of self-confidence?
Some morning musings for you...
No comments:
Post a Comment